Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sleepy Floppy
and
the sad memory of the six guinea pigs foetus !






The winter has really started in Benghazi , it is so cold these says , I can feel the humidity in my bones ,
I hate that feeling ,but after thinking , the winter will be always better than the summer for me .
Well …..always when the cold days start Floppy becomes more sleepy and eating a lot .
And today , was not a lucky day for floppy , because there were no vegetables in the house and he was so hungry . So I took some vine leaves from our garden and gave them to him , he did not like that much , but he gave me that look that means : Hey this is better than nothing …lol
And today was the first day I put Floppy in his blanket , he was so happy to get into it ..and made that sound to express his happiness..
I remember a story that happened to me in summer 2005 …that memory made me hate females guinea pigs .
I have a friend who had a female guinea pig from the English school for a few days ..
And that female guinea pig was pregnant ..
My friend had to leave her house to go to the beach for few days , so she gave me her animal for few days to took care of ..
But , it was a hot summer day , a bad Qeblee actually !
And she let the guinea pig in the car not conditioned ,and she went to the college for an hour , and the pregnant guinea pig stayed in the car , huh imagine that !!!!
So after an hour she passed by to give me the animal, I was so angry and upset of her , first cause it was so stupid and selfish of her to leave the pregnant guinea pig in the closed hot car in that horrible weather and second cause she gave me the responsibility of her fault , but what could I say , ahhh!!
Any way , I tried to cool down the animal temperature with cold water , and I made her a comfortable place with a thin blanket , and I gave her some food and water .
The poor animal was so tired and sick of the heat ..
And then … late at night , my sister and me just notice that the poor female guinea pig was showing the signs of delivery. it was hardly breathing and with abdominal contraction , so we thought that it was ready to deliver, and I was happy …
But then I realized that it was an abortion …sadly..
So what happened is , the animal delivered six babies , but they were so red and so small and no hair , and looked so weak just like a piece of meat ..they were just fetus …
And the horror movie was just about to start …the mother start to tear the Placenta membrane , so I thought that she was doing this to help them breath ..until I heard the cracking bones under its teeth…
The mother continued to tear and tear and I was shocked and shocked …
She ate them all ..all the six babies…
I know its is a normal animal behavior , but still , I did not understand it ..
In the morning the mother was so hungry like nothing happened , it was not even sad !
It was full with blood , so I washed it , and gave it food , and that is the story.
I think it did this cause here babies would have died any way .. and she wanted to returned them back , like an act of love , or maybe it knew they would die and it needed their blood to survive cause it was sick …
Any way , I still feel angry with my friend cause she did had no mercy for that female guinea pig !
And now , as time passed…I don’t hate that female guinea pig any longer ..
And whatever was the reason she did what she did .. I believed it was for
love ..

7 comments:

oummLeen said...

well , i think she did that becouse on eof the resones was that she deliveried them early and they wont make it and the enviroment of the delivary she thougth that they will take them from her so she prefered to eat them like to help them .....nice story to share...

BeSHeSHeNtRa... said...

thanx for ur nice comment the color of life , and yah it is a natural animal behavior :0)

Anonymous said...

what a story to read first thing in the morning!
still as you said it was probably natural behaviour, I am glad Floppy is well and happy.

BeSHeSHeNtRa... said...

well , sorry for that anglolibyan , u r right it is not a nice story for starting the morning with !

Lebeeya said...

The mom ate her babies??????

I wonder how I would feel if my mom ate me!

onlibya said...

Benghazi people are cool.
Nice story you have here.

BeSHeSHeNtRa... said...

Thank u leebya and onlibya for ur comments.